The Blanchard Group was founded as Blanchard Ready Mix Ltd. in 1977 by brothers Valmond and Normand Blanchard when they bought their first concrete production plant and set up shop in Allardville. That is where and when the great Blanchard Ready Mix adventure began.
Less than two years later, in 1979, the plant was moved further north, to Dunlop, closer to bigger communities like Belledune and Bathurst, where Valmond Blanchard predicted great construction projects would be undertaken.
Over the following years, Blanchard Ready Mix experienced a very successful growth rate thanks to sustained diversification efforts. Exclusively oriented towards the residential construction market at first, the business rapidly expanded to include both commercial and industrial sectors.
The Blanchards have had business in their blood for more than 85 years. Francis Blanchard was the first in the family to become an entrepreneur, opening a hardware store in Allardville in 1929.